Forum BD Phylacteres
  TV
Phylacteres
RADIO  
  Phylacteres

Phylactères Index du Forum
Phylactères Index du ForumRechercherFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Inscription & Connexion
Nom d’utilisateur:    Mot de passe:      Se connecter automatiquement à chaque visite    
S'inscrire sur Phylacteres.fr

compete, said Buffalo head coach Ted Nolan. Enroth, originally

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Phylactères Index du Forum -> BD par séries... -> XIII
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bellis555
Milliardaire
Milliardaire

Loisirs: j5t4j
Féminin
Point(s) Phylactères: 1 194
Moyenne de points: 3,62

MessagePosté le: Mer 6 Sep - 03:08 (2017)    Sujet du message: compete, said Buffalo head coach Ted Nolan. Enroth, originally Répondre en citant

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
BOSTON -- David Ortiz headed to the plate, ready to hit for the final time in the World Series. Dave Cash Phillies Jersey . St. Louis catcher Yadier Molina stood up, spoke softly to his pal and twice patted him on the side. By that point, even the Cardinals were members of the Big Papi fan club. Ortiz walked off as the MVP after Boston won 6-1 Wednesday night in Game 6, capping a week in which he spurred the Red Sox with a mix of power, patience and a most timely pep talk. "I know Im one of the forces for this ballgame and I like to take things personal," he said. "And thats been my whole career, a challenge." "I wasnt trying to be the guy, but I know I got to get something done to keep the line moving," he said. "I dont even have to do anything today, I guess, the rest of the team took over." Ortiz drew four walks and three of them were intentional, including the last one in the eighth inning after talking with Molina. Overall, Ortiz piled up totals that not even slow-pitch softball players dream about: He reached base a whopping 19 times in 25 plate appearances. "Hey, let me tell you," he said. "I was hitting well, but it wasnt like I was hitting pitches right down the middle of the plate. They were trying their best to get me out." When the game ended, Ortiz hoisted reliever Koji Uehara over his shoulder. He then raised the gleaming gold trophy with one hand, the crowning achievement of his career. Now a three-time champion, Ortiz is the last link to the Red Sox team that swept the Cardinals in 2004 and ended an 86-year title drought. The sellout crowd broke into thunderous chants of "MVP! MVP!" each time Ortiz batted. Quite a turnaround for the 37-year-old slugger who badly slumped in the AL championship series. Ortiz hit 11 for 16 (.688) with two home runs and six RBIs against the Cardinals, and just missed a grand slam when Carlos Beltran robbed him by reaching over the short bullpen wall. Asked to describe Ortiz, manager John Farrell paused. "Well, Id probably rather let his bat do the talking, because its pretty special," he said. Ortiz also drew eight walks and legged out a few infield hits, helped by St. Louis second baseman Matt Carpenter playing way out in shallow right field. At one point, Ortiz tied a Series record by reaching base in nine straight trips. "Hes as hot as anyone youre going to see this time of year," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. "We tried to make tough pitches in tough situations, tried to pitch around him at times." Ortizs .760 on-base percentage and batting average were the second-highest in Series history, trailing only Billy Hatchers marks of .800 and .750 in 1990 for Cincinnati. "David has been unbelievable his whole career this time of the year. Its his time of the year. Ive been on the wrong side of it a few times," winning pitcher John Lackey said. As Ortiz came up in the first inning, Molina and plate umpire Jim Joyce talked about him. "This guys unbelievable," Molina said on Fox audio. "Hes fun to watch," Joyce said. Yet for all the impact he made swinging the bat in getting 11 of Bostons 41 hits -- or just standing there and watching the Cardinals pitch around him -- Ortiz made an equally important contribution with his words. With St. Louis leading the Series 2-1 and the Red Sox scuffling in Game 4, Ortiz called his bearded band together for an impromptu huddle in the dugout. Ortiz said he merely told the guys to relax, stay loose and appreciate the moment. His teammates told a different story after Boston rallied to win. "It was like 24 kindergartners looking up at their teacher. He got everyones attention and we looked him right in the eyes," said Jonny Gomes, who answered with a winning home run. "That message was pretty powerful." Thats also what the Red Sox expect from their Dominican-born thumper, known for his neatly tailored suits and dazzling diamond jewelry. Whatever the Red Sox need, and whenever they need it, hes ready. When the Series shifted to St. Louis and there was no designated hitter, he adeptly moved from the DH spot to first base. He did the same thing way back in the 2004 Series, and again in 2007 when the Red Sox swept Colorado. As the Red Sox celebrated on the field after the final out, Ortiz considered what it meant to win a third title. Easy, he answered. "That means Im getting old," he said. Pete Rose Phillies Jersey . To get things started, heres a little photo tour to get you acquainted with all the main characters. Larry Andersen Jersey .com) - Roosevelt Jones had 19 points, seven rebounds and seven assists to lead No. http://www.baseballphilliesofficial.com/darren-daulton-jersey-c-13/ .J. -- After getting permission from his 7-year-old daughter, New York Giants offensive lineman David Diehl has retired after an 11-year career that included two Super Bowl championships.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins take aim at a seventh straight victory on Saturday night as they battle the Buffalo Sabres for the second time in a week. Pittsburghs current winning streak, its longest since claiming seven straight from Dec. 9-21 of last season, includes a 5-0 win over Buffalo last Saturday. Marc-Andre Fleury made 18 saves in the shutout, Chris Kunitz had two goals and an assist and Evgeni Malkin finished with a goal and two helpers. Sidney Crosby added three assists to the Penguins fourth straight victory and 13 in their past 17 against the Sabres. Jhonas Enroth made 29 saves for the Sabres, who have dropped three in a row and five of six to the Pens at home. The win for Fleury began an impressive stretch for the netminder, who was coming off a shutout victory over the Los Angeles Kings on Oct. 30 and then signed a four-year, $23 million extension on Wednesday. Fleury, who had gotten the night off in a 4-1 win over Minnesota on Tuesday, returned to the net on Thursday and made 34 saves in a 4-3 shootout win over the Winnipeg Jets. He pushed his personal shutout streak to a career-high 164 minutes and 22 seconds before the Jets got one past him in the opening period. Malkin was held without a point for the first time in 12 games, but both he and Crosby scored in the shootout. Brandon Sutter had a goal and two asssists in regulation, with Steve Downie scoring once and assisting on a tally by Simon Despres. Juan Samuel Jersey. I think both teams had their opportunities to win the game at different points, Crosby said. First period they carried the play, second we did, third and overtime was probably anybodys game. It was a pretty good hockey game, all in all. Pittsburgh has won the first two of a five-game road trip and Fleury should get the start again on Saturday. He is 16-5-2 with a 2.30 goals against average and .917 save percentage in his career versus Buffalo, with last Saturdays win his third career shutout against the club. The Sabres wrap a four-game homestand coming off their ninth victory in 11 games. They were bested 3-2 on Friday night by the Edmonton Oilers, with Michal Neuvirth needing to make a season-high 49 saves to keep it close. Matt Moulson scored his first goal of the season and Drew Stafford also tallied. We had a 2-1 lead in this game, but it wasnt enough if we dont compete, said Buffalo head coach Ted Nolan. Enroth, originally scheduled to start on Friday before Nolan made a switch, could go tonight instead and is 1-4-0 with a 3.12 GAA and .899 save percentage lifetime versus the Penguins. Neuvirth, who has made three starts in a row, is 2-1-2 with a 2.13 GAA, .926 save percentage and two shutouts versus the Pens. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Contact
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 09:27 (2017)    Sujet du message: compete, said Buffalo head coach Ted Nolan. Enroth, originally

Le contenu "sponsorisé" publicitaire ci-dessus est imposé par l'hébergeur, Phylactères vous remercie de votre compréhension.
   XIII
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  
Inscription & Connexion
Nom d’utilisateur:    Mot de passe:      Se connecter automatiquement à chaque visite    
S'inscrire sur Phylacteres.fr

© CRAZY GAME / PHYLACTERES PRODUCTION 2012-2016, TOUTE REPRODUCTION PARTIELLE OU TOTALE INTERDITE
contact@phylacteres.fr
Toutes les images incluses dans ces pages sont la propriété exclusive de leurs auteurs, ayant droits et/ou éditeurs. Elles ne sont ici qu'a titre de référence ou d'illustration. Si les propriétaires le désirent, elles seront retirées.
Design réalisé par Yann Bke. Bannière de Ferdinand Lu.

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation